Following the letter of 23 March 2015, the FIE has received applications for material aid from 91 national federations, of which 31 in Europe, 24 in Asia, 19 in America, 15 in Africa, and 2 in Oceania.
Following the extensive consideration of each file, the FIE direction has approved the following criteria for granting a part of the material aid to 40 federations (specifically, 13 in Europe, 13 in Asia, 9 in Africa, and 5 in America).
- The organization of grand events (World Championships, Grand Prix, World Cup, Continental Championships, Regional Games, Universiade),
- Participation in FIE competitions and continental competitions,
- National federations which have not received equipment aid during the last season,
- The proven development of fencing in the recipient country,
- Special cases (Nepal, etc.)
Europe: ESP, FIN, IRL, ISL, NED, POL, ROU, SLO, SRB, SUI, SWE, TUR, UKR,
Asia: IND, IRI, JOR, KAZ, KOR, MAC, MGL, SIN, SRI, THA, TKM, TPE, VIE,
Africa: CMR, COD, EGY, MAR, MLI, MRI, RSA, TUN, UGA,
America: ARG, CAN, COL, JAM, PER.
The above list of federations will be published on the FIE website, along with the amount of aid granted, once the equipment has been dispatched to its recipients.
The applications of federations that were unsuccessful during this first stage will be reconsidered in the near future. The results will be available on the FIE website from 15 November 2015.
For your information, the following countries have previously received material aid from the FIE (prior to the month of May 2015): CUBA, BRAZIL, ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, PALESTINE, KYRGYZSTAN, UGANDA, UZBEKISTAN.