The «Donate your fencing gear! » program, launched in 2017 was reconducted in 2019.
The program had been promoted on the social networks and the official FIE site, as well as through communications from the Athletes Commission, Coaches Council and Fencing Manufacturers.
Second-hand equipment was collected in the course of three FIE events:
- Junior and Cadet World Championships, Torun (POL)
- Asian Zonal Championships, Tokyo-Chiba (JPN)
- Senior World Championships, Budapest (HUN)
- In Torun, 38 athletes and 5 manufacturers gave 227 pieces of equipment
- In Tokyo 16 athletes and 1 club gave 115 pieces of equipment
- In Budapest, 32 athletes gave 160 pieces of equipment.
The equipment was distributed to 5 countries which submitted 5 fencing solidarity and development projects:
At each event, a SEMI delegate was responsible for checking the donated equipment to ensure that the items are safe to use.
Were appointed the following SEMI Delegates:
Torun: Gamil Elzeftawi (EGY)
Tokyo: Atsushi Harinishi (JPN)
Budapest: Gudjon Ingi Gestsson (ISL), Gamil Elzeftawi (EGY)