Fencing Association of India (FAI), recognized by the Government of India as the National Sports Federation, on behalf of Government of India invites applications from foreign nationals having deep understanding of Fencing sport and the knowledge & skills of international standard aiming to improve the standard of Indian athletes to achieve excellence at the international level. The details of terms and conditions are as under:
1.Number of Positions: One Coach each for Sabre and Epee.
- Should be able to communicate in English.
- Should be physically fit to demonstrate the technique to the athletes while imparting training.
- Should be below 65 years of age on the closing date of application. In exceptional and deserving cases, the age limit can be enhanced with the approval of Govt. of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Should have a Certificate OR Degree of Fencing Coaches Education Course from FIE
- Should have high performance credentials.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Should have played at Continent level such as Asian/European/World championships or Asian/Olympic Games.
- Should have trained at least the National team (Senior or Junior) of a Country for at- least 2 years. The achievements are to be attached to the application with all the details such as name of the national team, names of the athletes who were imparted training, achievement of such athletes during and after the training.
Period of Engagement:
- The Foreign Coach would be engaged initially for a period upto 31.12.2024 subject to performance review annually. The engagement can be extended on year to year basis, subject to satisfactory performance, till the end of Olympics, 2024.
- The Contract can be terminated earlier with one month’s notice or salary in lieu of in case the performance is not considered satisfactory. The Foreign Coach may also annul the engagement with one month’s notice or salary in lieu of notice period.
- Gross salary of USD 7000 per month (negotiable and subject to applicable taxes). In exceptional and deserving cases, the salary can be enhanced with the approval of Govt. of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Premium for Medical insurance of INR 10 lakhs for the coach.
- Annual bonus as per norms.
- Personal Accidental Insurance Policy to the Coach only.
- To and fro airfare (Economy Class) from the country of the Coach, his spouse and one dependent child and 40kgs extra baggage at the time of arrival to take up the assignment and at the time of final departure.
- 30 days leave per year on pro-rata basis.
- After completion of one year’s stay, to and fro airfare (Economy Class) from place of work in India to his country would be given for the coach, spouse and one dependent child, if the contract is valid for a further period of 06 months.
- Transport for official purpose/visit to hospital in case of illness as per contract.
- Free furnished accommodation.
- The Coaches if engaged for short duration, as recommended by the Selection Committee i.e.15 to 21 days or 30 to 45 days, would be paid coaching fee as recommended by the Selection Committee besides to and fro International air fare (Economy Class) local/domestic travel, medical facility, 3-Star Hotel accommodation with boarding facility.
- Sports kit once in a year consisting of Track Suit (02), T-Shirts (02), Warm-up Shoes(One pair), Kitbag(01) and Socks (02 pairs) to the coach.
- Boarding/lodging/transport/domestic travel to the coach only would be provided when the Coach is deputed for official purpose from the place of his headquarters to other places.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Coach would be associated with the preparation of Long Term Development Plan (LTDP) and would be given specific task/targets as pe LTDP to be achieved during the period of the contract. The target may include the number of athletes to be trained including junior development programme.
- Sports Authority of India & Fencing Association of India would utilize the services of the Foreign Coach as may be required.
- The services of the Foreign Coach would be utilized for training of Indian coaches and conducting training courses for them.
- Foreign Coach would submit data analysis of all the national campers / probables prepared during the national coaching camps on quarterly basis and performance during each competition to SAI.
- The applications received would be considered by the Selection Committee headed by the Director General of Sports Authority of India. There will be other members including those from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and the FAI in the Selection Committee. The Committee will consider the applications received and shortlist the probable candidates. The shortlisted candidates may be invited for personal interaction and be required to make a presentation about their achievements, the roadmap and developmental plan etc. for the athlete and the sport. The interaction may be done through virtual mode or through physical presence. Where the candidate is required to appear in person, economy class airfare, boarding & lodging and local transport would be provided.
Last date of submission of application
- The desirous and interested Foreign Coaches may send their complete curriculum vitae containing the details such as qualification, experience, achievements alongwith the supporting documents to Secretary General, Fencing Association of India at firstname.lastname@example.org and Director (TOPS- PODS),Sports Authority of India at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st October, 2022.
Applications received after the aforesaid date shall not be entertained.
Rajeev Mehta, Secretary General Fencing Association of India