The 2015 World Fencing Championships will take place from 10 July to 19 July 2015 in Sport Complex «Olympiyskiy», Moscow, Russia.
Important info for Media:
1. Currency : The exchange rate of Ruble to US Dollar is approximately 56 Rubles for 1 Dollar and 60 rubles for 1 Euro. Money can be changed at any bank and at most hotel reception desks.
2. The Moscow Government and the Management of Sport and Entertainment Events of the Department of Physical Education and Sport in Moscow support the Organising Committee. General Manager is Alexander Polinskiy and Deputy Director is Sergei Kuptsov.
3. Visa Requirements
Details on the visa application procedure and the Visa Application Form are available on the official event website. Click here
4. Accommodation and transportation
It is the responsibility of the individual media persons to book their own accommodation and to take on any cancellation fees. For accommodation, please contact the official travel agency or tour Operator ACADEMSERVICE Company:tel.: + 7 (495) 660 90 90, fax: + 7 (495) 662 43 69, E-mail: email@example.com
Telecommunication services at the World Championships are provided by the IT-Vega company. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Media Information
The following information will be available to journalists upon their arrival:
- Press Kit of the Championships
- Recent results
- Provisional competitors list
- Number of participating countries and athletes
- Press releases
- Schedule of events
- Official event programme
8. Photographer Briefing
The meeting will take place in the Press Conference Room at SC «Olympiyskiy» at 11:00am on 12 July.
A detailed completion schedule will be available here
The Opening Ceremony will take place on 14 July at 18:00 pm. It will be a ceremony with a short show, flags parade and official speeches. The victory ceremonies will take place at the competition venue after the finals. A short closing ceremony is planned after the last competitions on the last day of the event.
A detailed Media Guide here