We divided up this program sponsored by the COP into six phases, two per weapon:
- First phase for the foil, (Master, Javier Villapalos)
- Second phase for the epee, (Master, Ángel Fernández)
- Third and fourth phase for the sabre, (Sabre, Master Sandor Peter Tabor)
- Fifth phase for the epee (Master, Ángel Fernández)
- Sixth phase for the foil. ((Master, Javier Villapalos)
The Master of Arms, Javier Villapalos, who was in Panama from 4 July to 19 July, delivered the first phase, and he is due to return for the sixth phase which will complete the program. Scheduled date, 19 September.
Master of Arms Ángel Fernández, who was in Panama from 3 August to 15 August, delivered the second phase, and he is due to return for the fifth phase which will complete the program. Scheduled date, 7 September.
The courses took place in the gymnasium at the Escuela de Artes y Oficios (School of Arts and Crafts), MLV.
First Phase. Foil
This course, which began on 5 July, was intended for coaches and athletes. It was held in Panama City and was attended by 15 athletes and 4 coaches, on average. Aspects studied and reinforced were the guard, positions, different types of attack, introduction to teaching the foil, defence, movement and refereeing topics. During Master Villapalos’s stay he showed students about the technical aspects of the foil, contributing his refereeing knowledge.