Following the FIE training camp held in Bourges and Melun in 2016, the FIE is launching the next training camp which will be held in Plovdiv, Bulgaria before the Junior and Cadet Fencing World Championships 2017. The FIE has already sent out invitations to a total of 48 countries from each continent (Europe 6, Pan America 16, Africa 9, Asia and Oceania 17) and is now receiving the relevant applications.
The aim of the camp is to develop fencing and improve the skills of participants through learning from high level coaches and training with fencers from different countries. The results of the camp were a great success. The following fencers who qualified for the Rio Olympic Games had participated in past editions of the camp:
- Khelfaoui Anissa – ALG - Budapest 2013 and Kazan 2014
- Rodriguez John Edison – COL - Kazan 2014
- Sakoa Gbabi Gwladys – CIV - Kazan 2014
- Vu Thanh An – VIE – Kazan 2014
- Michel Silva Nathalie de la Luz – MEX - Kazan 2014
- Gimenez Isis – VEN - Moscow 2015
- Do Thi Anh – VIE - Bourges 2016
This initiative is a precious opportunity for each participant, coach and national federation, as well as for the FIE, and it will lead to further development for all of them.
The FIE training camp will run from the end of March, 2017 in Plovdiv until the last day of individual junior competition.