Job title: National Program Coach (Foil - Olympic Pathway)
Reporting to the FS High Performance Committee (HPE), the National Program Coach will independently work with FS High Performance Manager (HPM), FS National Partner Coaches (NPCs), FS Sports Medicine and Science Subcommittee, Singapore Sports Institute (SSI) and any official or Senior Management that FS may assign; and he/she is responsible for,
1) Developing and executing the annual periodization-cum-competition plan and multiyear strategic plan for a selected group around 8 to 12 national fencers assigned by the FS High Performance Committee (HPE) and/or Executive Committee (EXCO), which will include Sports Excellence (Spex) Scholarship holders/candidates. Hence, serving as their primary coach while working closely with their respective secondary coaches for backup, developmental and continuation reasons. These fencers will form the FS Olympic Pathway Program Squad and will be reconfirmed at the end of every season.
2) Developing and creating a collaborative and beneficial high performance training environment, programs and learning platforms for these fencers. So that together with the HPM and their respective Secondary Coaches, they could be better prepared and supported for the various major games each season, while progressing along their multiyear strategic plan and milestones towards Olympic Games 2020, 2024 and beyond.
3) Handling of administrative matters relating to their local/overseas training/competitions.
4) Reporting regularly to keep the FS High Performance Committee (HPE) and/or Executive Committee (EXCO) informed of updates and progress by providing the following,
a) Rolling 2 months National Training Centre (NTC) Schedule for the National Training Squads and National Games Squads, which is a subset of the Monthly Training Schedule for the Olympic Pathway Program Squad at the NTC.
b) Monthly reports on training schedules, post-trainings and post-competitions analysis, athletes’ progress, etc. for the Olympic Pathway Program Squad.
c) Meeting the Olympic Pathway Program Squad fencers, their parents/guardians (if a national fencer is a minor and/or fulltime student) and their Secondary Coaches.
5) Identifying and developing talent pipelines together with the HPM and NPCs across the Senior, Junior and Cadet age groups, thereby preparing candidates for future FS Olympic Pathway Program and Spex Scholarship intakes.
6) Assisting the HPM to plan, develop, implement and conduct coach education courses and development programs for FS, and integrating them with the national coaching standards (National Coaching Accreditation Programme or NCAP).
7) Assisting the FS Referee Commission with the development and/or execution of refereeing programs, courses and competition duties.
Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your detailed resume with a recent photograph, year of birth, mobile contact number, email and postal addresses, stating your academic and professional qualifications, coaching experience, spoken and written languages proficiency, current and expected salaries and benefits by 9 th October 2016 (Sunday, 23:59 hours) to:
Fencing Singapore - General Manager
Email : email@example.com
Click here to view the detailed job description.