The Singapore sports school is recruiting an epee coach.
The trainer will be responsible for planning and implementing the training and competition plans for the group of assigned student-athletes and will also work closely with the coaches in the Fencing Academy on the broader development plans of the Academy. The trainer will conduct regular meetings with student-athletes and their parents and submit written progress reports. Also, the coach will work with the General Manager, team of coaches in the Academy and external stakeholders.
Monday to Friday: 6.30 am to 11.00 am and 3.00 pm to 6.30 pm
Saturday: 8.30 am to 10.30 am
- Possess an international fencing coaching qualification recognised by FIE and/or have attended an FIE coaching course
- At least 3 years of competitive coaching experience with athletes at all stages particularly with youth through to senior athletes in national or higher level environments and/or educational settings
- A thorough understanding of the athletes’ pathway, especially in relation to the development of talent and knowledge of Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Good administrative and organisational skills and be able to communicate well in English
- Experience in teaching and possess a basic degree in Physical Education and/or Sports Science will be an advantage
- Exhibit a personal philosophy and strategy for coaching aligning with that of Singapore Sports School
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of elite student-athletes and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us. You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience and current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing Date: 30-Aug-2016"
Potential applicants can apply for the job online here.