The annual Congress of the International Fencing Federation will make decisions about the host cities of the 2017 Senior World Championships, 2016 Teams’ World Championships, 2015 Veterans’ World Championships as well as the 2016 and 2015 Junior World Championships.
Highlight points on the agenda for this year’s Congress include:
- Admission to membership of new member federations
- Candidatures for the World Championships: Senior 2018 and Veteran 2015, 2017
- Dates of the 2015 Senior World Championships
- Budgets for 2014 and 2015
- Commissions’ and Councils’ reports and proposals
- Fencing Whites: The evolution of the fencing gear
132 out of 149 National Federations have enrolled for the Congress and more than 270 people are expected to participate.
During the annual FIE Gala Dinner in Rome, the 2014 top ranked junior and senior fencers will be honoured. They will each receive the FIE golden medal.
“We will continue the positive trends and initiatives which have been established over the past years. We will also raise standards in fencing around the world and support National Federations. It is crucial that we improve the image of fencing and take greater steps to advance the sport. We must work together to reach our ambitious goals and I count on the support of the whole fencing community to achieve this,” said Mr. Usmanov.