LAUSANNE, Switz., December 14, 2020—The FIE organised informational webinars for administrators of national fencing federations. The first programme, comprising three modules, was designed as a service to better acquaint staff of the FIE member federations with FIE resources and procedures in various essential, functional areas through a combination of theoretical and practical how-to guidelines and tips.
It was broadly welcomed by attendees from national federations and confederations, who enthusiastically requested more webinars. Participation in this first webinar programme, which is part of a series to be followed by more events with additional modules, included 158 individuals from the five continental regions.
The modules covered the following topics:
- Module 1: FIE Functions and Resources
- Effectively navigating the FIE web site (www.FIE.org) to find important information
- Licences, changes of nationality
- Process for participation in FIE competitions
- Information due by national federations
- Module 2: FIE Global Aid, Inclusion and Development Programs
- Subsidies for federations participating in zonal and World Championships training camps and the FIE Annual Congress
- FIE help in equipment and the FIE COVID Global Support Plans
- Participation in the FIE Annual Congress, including processes to vote and present candidatures
- Module 3: FIE Policies & good practices
- Cyber security and communicating with the FIE
- Safeguarding policies and the FIE Code of Conduct
- Sustainability policies and how they may be implemented regionally
The webinars took place between Nov. 17 and Dec. 10 and were organised on a continental basis, accommodating different time zones and languages. Participants received an official FIE certificate of participation.