International Fencing Federation Begins Global Grand Prix Series, Round 2
Lausanne, Switzerland—The International Fencing Federation (FIE) is set to begin its second major Grand Prix series of international competitions, as part of the 2016-2017 senior world fencing season. Events will be held for men and women in all three fencing weapons – foil, epee, and sabre – on four continents, drawing hundreds of the world’s top fencers.
Grand Prix competitions, featuring individual (non-team) events, will be held in the following cities:
- Long Beach, California, USA: Men’s & Women’s Foil, March 17-18
- Budapest, Hungary: Men’s & Women’s Epee, March 24-26
- Seoul, Korea: Men’s & Women’s Sabre, March 31-April 1
- Shanghai, China: Men’s & Women’s Foil, May 19-21
- Bogota, Colombia: Men’s & Women’s Epee, May 26-28
- Moscow, Russia: Men’s & Women’s Sabre, June 2-4
The Grand Prix events are key to fencer ranking and for the 2017 Fencing Senior World Championships, which will be held in Leipzig, Germany from July 19-26. Live-streaming video and social media coverage will provide access to these exciting events, enabling thousands of fencing enthusiasts and fans to watch from around the globe.
Official news and results, as well as links to social media and live streaming for the Grand Prix events may be found at the official FIE web site, www.fie.org.